H. Scott Johnson, Jr.
Mr. Johnson is a co-founder of PCT Law Group and serves as its Managing Member.
Mr. Johnson has extensive corporate and employment law experience. His practice includes counseling and advising businesses at all stages of the growth cycle on a broad range of matters including corporate formation and organization, mergers and acquisitions, business contracts, employment agreements, employment policies, joint ventures, and corporate transactions. Mr. Johnson has served as "General Counsel" for several small and mid-sized companies.
Mr. Johnson also maintains a litigation practice, which focuses on complex commercial disputes, business torts, and employment issues. Additionally, Mr. Johnson is a Professorial Lecturer in Law at the George Washington University Law School, where he teaches transactional drafting to upper-level students.
Mr. Johnson is a primary contributor and the Co-Editor of the Virginia Business Law Update Blog, which is published by PCT Law Group.
Representative Corporate Matters
- Drafted a Memorandum of Understanding memorializing the terms of a joint venture between three Fortune 100 companies for the creation of a task force to assist small technology businesses.
- Counseled national commercial mortgage lenders on contractual issues relating to real estate acquisitions, secondary market transactions, and loan refinancing.
- Represented a consulting company in the preparation of joint venture agreements, licensing agreements, and independent contractor agreements.
- Represented a national government contractor in the preparation of various commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements, professional services agreements, licensing agreements, and termination agreements.
- Represented an American graphic design company in the acquisition of a Canadian business.
Representative Litigation Matters
- Represented a commercial lender in its defense of a multi-million dollar construction loan dispute, which resulted in a favorable jury verdict.
- Represented a municipal bond insurance company in its defense of a negligence action filed by a major financial institution, which resulted in the dismissal of the case.
- Represented an architectural firm in an action against a former executive for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of restrictive covenants, which resulted in a favorable jury verdict.
- Successfully obtained dismissals of employment discrimination charges filed in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Representative Employment Matters
- Represented clients in the negotiation and settlement of a variety of employment disputes arising under Title VII (discrimination), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as disputes relating to employment agreements and restrictive covenants.
- Advised national government contractor on day-to-day employment matters including its employee handbook, non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, and separation agreements.
Civic and Charitable
Virginia Public Broadcasting Board (gubernatorial appointment)
Alexandria Budget and Fiscal Affairs Advisory Committee (2006 - 2008)
George Washington University Law School Alumni Board of Directors (2006 - 2009)
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.
- District of Columbia